DT Make it Crafty CAS Challenge #14 | Acetate Card

16.06.2016

Hi everyone,

today I want to share with you the card that I made for the current Make it Crafty Clean and Simple Challenge with the theme «Clear Plastic/Acetate».


For my card base I used one of the handy Hero Arts acetate cards. At first, I cut the My Favorite Things «Snow Drifts Cover-Up» Die-namics from pink cardstock. I carefully adhered it to the card front with «Multi-Medium Matte» by Ranger. Then I decorated it with the fabulous Outlined Words With Love Chipboards. I heat embossed the outline of the word «love» and also the hearts with white embossing powder. The word itself was heat embossed in black. I added a banner with a white embossed Papertrey Ink sentiment.

For the inside of my card I tried a fun Marbling technique which was introduced to me by the talented Kara Vrabel (she used several spray mists) some weeks ago. I took a flat plastic container and filled it with water. Then I lightly spritzed it with Ranger Adirondack Color Wash Spray in «Cranberry» and swirled it around with the end of a paint brush. I grabbed a piece of white cardstock and quickly placed it on the surface of the water and removed it right away. I let it air dry completely before adhering it to the inside of my card. The effect is really cool and I like to try it again with some other mediums and colors.

I cut a second piece of white cardstock in the same size and adhered it to the back of my card to hide the glue. Since the card is transparent you could write your message on the back.

There's still time to enter our «Clear Plastic/Acetate» challenge by the end of the month. You can find all the details HERE.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs